Maybe your baba already owns three-quarters of Early Learning Centre and you're after some imaginative ideas, or perhaps all of your relatives are asking what he/she wants and you need some inspiration. Either way, here's a list of great gifts that any first-birthday celebrant will love receiving!
With the proviso, of course, that they 1) won't remember anything 2) will prefer playing with the packaging and 3) probably really want you to spend the money on a spa trip / dinner out / etc...
If you can afford it, and/or your child really has loads, try to donate to help a child who is in need too.
Meantime, over to the ideas:
* The gift of a class / activity - relatives might agree to pay for a term's swimming lessons, for example, to learn a skill and avoid occasionally-played-with toys.
* A teepee - great place to hide, play, chuck toys out of site, Instagram your home.. etc.
* Membership of a local soft play / kids' group
* Sponsor a child in a developing country - they can become penpals as each gets older
* Vouchers for a special outfit or first pair of shoes
* A year's membership to London Zoo, National Trust, or other fun days out
* Building blocks or shape sorter
* Push / pull along toys
* Little Tikes car
* Montessori tower
* Fisher Price 'Little People' garage
* Mini Micro Scooter with seat
* A personalised toy box
* Toy buggy and first doll
* Tea set